sunnuntai 7. kesäkuuta 2015

Looks like Windows Phone isn't completely dead yet

Seems like I've missed the announcement Shifty Jelly made back in April: http://blog.shiftyjelly.com/2015/04/29/pocket-casts-for-windows-phone/

This means that there's now a good podcast app that can sync between iOS, Android, AND Windows Phone, so I can strike one issue from my "why I can't use a Windows Phone" list. Actually, with this app available I could take my Lumia 620 with me when I go for a walk in a weather where rain is quite likely. The phone itself has an IP54 cover on it and it gets additional "protection" from the fact that it's so old and cheap that I don't really give a crap should it get wet and die.

Pocket Casts coming to Windows Phone together with 1Password finally having an Alpha for a more full-featured app than their previous 1Password Reader from the WP7 days shows that maybe the platform isn't completely dead yet. Let's see how things shape up with Windows 10 once they get the phone version a lot more stable than the current preview.

Then they just need to tackle smartwatches, some way to avoid typing in the passcode all the time (with iOS I have Touch ID and with Android there's my Android Wear as a trusted device), have Bluetooth actually work, peripheral support, etc. But this announcement is still a step forward.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti