maanantai 23. marraskuuta 2015

Looks like I've switched to Android

No Nexus 6P news yet as my phone hasn't arrived :( I ordered mine from Saunalahti and at least they seem to have a shortage in 64GB models. Well, I hope it won't take too long. In addition, with the Finnish postal services mostly on strike currently, my case & USB C cables from Amazon haven't arrived either. We'll see when those finally make it here.

As I gave my previous daily driver, i.e. the iPhone 6 to my wife after her iPhone 5 broke down a couple of weeks ago, it meant taking a different phone into active use myself. At first I was using a loaner iPhone 6s+ for a week and as mentioned in the previous post, I was really close to buying myself one, but due to circumstances I had to take my Nexus 5 into use as my daily driver until the 6P arrives. Having been using exclusively Nexus 5 over a week now, I just realized that I haven't actually missed using an iPhone to any meaningful extent. Sure I've missed a good camera every now and then since the Nexus 5 shooter isn't that great, but that's something the 6P should handle with flying colors. Sure there are also a couple of apps I'd still like to use, but those have also good Android alternatives.

In addition, with Android I no longer have to wait for Apple Pay or even Android Pay to become available over here as I got a pilot invitation to Pivo's mobile payments, so now I have a virtual debit card that's linked to my debit account and usable straight via my Nexus 5's NFC. Neat.

Going Android also means that I can skip a costly watch upgrade for now as my LG G Watch is still chugging along even though charging is occasionally a little picky. When it's eventually time to replace it, I have a nicer price range of devices available instead of everything starting from rather expensive.

But so far it looks like I'm rather happy with the current Android offering and even more so when my Nexus 6P arrives. At least my wallet is happy with the saner pricing compared to Apple's current European offering. So it looks like I'm an Android user now, let's see if this lasts. For iOS I still have my old iPad 3 and the broken iPhone 5 is currently being repaired, so that will be a backup phone once it gets back. I will be needing the iOS devices at least for watching hockey, although I'm yet to check whether today's update to Ruutu.fi's Android app finally solved the playback issues they had previously. But for now it's mainly the green bot for me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti