torstai 26. maaliskuuta 2015

Phone/Watch Dilemma

Ok, I'm getting seriously tired of carrying two phones with me. I'd really like that one phone to be my iPhone 6 as it blows my Nexus 5 out of the water in both camera and battery departments and the travel card reader enabled by Android's less restricted NFC doesn't quite make up for those deficiencies.

The problem is that I'd still like to carry a smartwatch, so I'd need something that can pair with my iPhone. Pebbles would do that, but their appearance is somewhat too clunky for my taste. Another option would be for Google to release their rumored iOS compatibility for Android Wear soon. My wallet would like that as I could use my existing gear.

Oh well, maybe I'll wait for the Apple Watch reviews to get out before making any decisions. Even though the Apple Watch pricing is rather prohibitive, the UX advocate in me would appreciate how it will undeniably provide the best possible integration with the iPhone (OK, the playground isn't fair here as e.g. Pebble doesn't get similar access to the system). But once the reviews arrive, I know whether I should go and get myself a Pebble or cough up the money for the Apple Watch. The next couple of weeks would be a great time for Google to release the iOS support for Android Wear :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti