keskiviikko 11. maaliskuuta 2015

Apple Watch? I think I'll pass, at least for now.

So, now we know more about the Apple Watch including its pricing, and especially the European prices are a little bit too high. Finland isn't getting the watch in the first round (all those who were surprised, please raise your hand now. Anyone?), but a quick look at the German Apple Store revealed that the model I was after (42mm Sport) sells for 449€, which is a little bit more than I was prepared to pay for a smartwatch. In addition, if anything's certain it's that the Finnish prices won't be lower than the German ones, but no one would be surprised if they were even higher.

Combine the price with some UX worries, and it seems more than likely that my G Watch will carry me at least to the gen 2 milestone, if not even further (possibly superseded by another Android Wear device).

The recent price increases (thanks, weak Euro!) for Apple laptops have also got me to consider if my next primary machine could be something else. They are nice machines for sure, but I can't bend over backwards to deal with diminishing upgradeability/repairability combined with ever-increasing prices.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti