sunnuntai 30. elokuuta 2015

Apple TV Rumors

In the previous post I was thinking about keeping my Mac mini booted to Windows 10 while waiting for El Capitan to be released. Well, that experiment lasted for two days. While Windows 10 was quick and snappy, something was bothering me and at least one thing was appearance and typography. I ran into font issues on some websites and maybe it's just me, but I simply prefer the aesthetics of Mac OS X to that of Windows. In addition, I have quite many OS X apps I've grown to depend on and wouldn't like to shell out money for Windows equivalents (if those exist) right now.

But the main topic I wanted to cover in this post is the forthcoming new Apple TV. A newly surfaced 9to5Mac rumor indicates that the device would cost $149 or $199. If those prices (for different storage options maybe?) are valid, then I guess the European equivalents will be around 199€ and 249€. Those would be quite expensive when a rather competent Nexus Player can be bought for just 99€. It would be relatively expensive even if there's a straight Dollar to Euro conversion (which there won't be with the current exchange rates), so the device itself will have to be rather amazing to justify the extra cost when considering that all my current needs are pretty well served with the Nexus Player as it handles YouTube, Plex, Netflix, and even AirPlay (with AirTight) just fine. I don't bother discussing the rumored $40 channel package subscription Apple's allegedly going to offer for the Apple TV as I don't think the service will be coming to Europe – let alone Finland – anytime soon, if ever.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti