sunnuntai 15. helmikuuta 2015

5.1 Can't Come Soon Enough

While I've been complaining about Apple's quality problems lately, other manufacturers seem to have equally hard time with early versions of a new major version OS. In this case I'm referring to Android 5, i.e. Lollipop.

I've now been running Lollipop for quite a while on my Nexus 5, and while I do like the enhancements it brings to the Android experience, it's starting to be rather obvious that there's quite a bunch of issues to fix. At first everything seemed to be running more or less on KitKat stability level, but lately I've been experiencing some really annoying issues.

The most annoying issue is a screen redraw lag that occurs when exiting an app. Whenever I start seeing just a blank screen without any icons for a noticeable while after exiting an app, I know it's time to reboot my Nexus. The problem is that those occasions occur increasingly more often. Today (actually it's the previous day as it seems to be past midnight when I'm writing this) alone I've had both a redraw reboot and a more or less forced reboot as my screen wouldn't wake unless I tried various key combinations to trigger a reboot.

So as Android 5.0.1 seems to be more and more problematic, I'm definitely looking forward to 5.1 (which should be released in February 2015) fixing at least some of the issues. My Nexus is ready for the update, so I hope Google makes it available soon.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti