keskiviikko 15. lokakuuta 2014

Bring on Lollipop!

So, as it turns out, Android L stood for Android Lollipop. I know for a fact that for the next (hopefully not too many) weeks I'll be abusing the Check for Updates functionality on my Nexus 5 way more than I should. It'll be interesting to see how Lollipop performs on my Nexus 5 and whether it solves the issues that drove me back to iOS.

If it does indeed solve the Bluetooth and streaming issues, then I have some hard decisions ahead. The newly announced Nexus 6 has Qi charging, a good (as far as the specs go) camera, water resistance (according to Motorola site, but suspiciously missing from many other spec listings), and vanilla Android, something that Samsung devices that match the other specs don't have. That combination sounds like something I could really use, although I'd miss the Touch ID I've grown to love on my iPhone 6. The size of the Nexus 6 is also somewhat concerning, especially when you keep in mind that I chose the regular iPhone 6 over the 6 Plus as the Plus turned out to be a little too large. However, with the recent announcement of Android Wear devices becoming available also in Finland, the size wouldn't be that much of an issue as I wouldn't have to take my phone out all that often since the necessary information would be available on my wrist.

But I guess I have to wait for Lollipop to land on my Nexus 5 to see if my main gripes have been addressed. I think I've mentioned how much I hate these staggered rollouts where you can't be sure when the new version is available for you. That's one more part where iOS still has a major edge in my books.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti