tiistai 27. toukokuuta 2014

Lumia 1520

I think I promised a few words about the large 6" I had for a couple of weeks, so here it goes. As anyone familiar with the model knows, it's a large 6" phone, or so-called phablet to be more precise. However, even though it looks ginormous, it doesn't actually feel THAT huge when you're actually holding the device, maybe thanks to its thinness.

The camera in the phone is a 21-megapixel shooter that can capture also raw, so the specs are there and quite unsurprisingly for Nokia, it also delivers. The photos are also a joy to watch on the large screen.

Other hardware niceties include built-in wireless charging and a microSD slot, which is actually a first for high-end Lumias and a really welcome addition especially if you shoot raw.

Size-wise the phone was a joy to use especially when reading or otherwise consuming content, but a little bit trickier to carry. However, in my case the carrying problems are mitigated by the fact that I have a dual SIM subscription (so two different phones receive the same phonecalls and text messages) and I have also a Lumia 620. So whenever I'm in a situation where the 1520 is just a little bit too much, I can just pick up the 3,8" 620 and be just as reachable without additional SIM swapping.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like a phablet, but now it feels rather sad to send it back. Maybe I'll need to keep an eye on the deals. If Windows Phone didn't have the shortcomings I've discussed in the previous posts, I think I'd own one already.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti