sunnuntai 16. maaliskuuta 2014

Could I Switch? - Halfway There, Actually

While I haven't made any actual switch, I've just noticed that I've been using my Windows Phone devices more and my iPhone less as of late. A couple of essential services are still running on my iPhone, but both of those are available also on Windows Phone and all it would take is a little time spent setting up the apps on my Lumia. So it looks like the app gap is narrowing down at quite a pace at least for my use. 

Granted, there's still the fact that e.g. Google+ is a much better experience on the iPhone and that's unlikely to change anytime soon given Google's attitude towards Windows Phone, but the interesting part is that for Skype (on which 99% of my use consists of the IM part) I'm also relying on my iPhone. As anyone who's been paying attention to the industry knows, Skype has been owned by Microsoft for quite a while now, so you'd think it would be Windows Phone where you could get the premium Skype experience, but unfortunately that's not the case. At least not yet. Maybe some day (pretty please, Microsoft)?

Rumors about Windows Phone 8.1 features have been really intriguing as they would bridge also most of the functionality gap that still exists. If the rumored features do in fact make it to Windows Phone 8.1, I might be making a full switch. However, Apple can always pull a trick or two out of their sleeve with iPhone 6 and/or iOS 8, but both of those are still months away while Windows Phone 8.1 is just around the corner. Interesting times.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti